Colour: light blue
Primary focus: communication & creation
Healthy characteristics of a throat chakra that is in balance: ability to speak up and speak your truth, communicating well, honesty
Negative characteristics of a throat chakra that is out of balance: fear of speaking up and being heard, lack of truthfulness, poor self-expression
Physical symptoms of imbalance: sore throat, laryngitis, hormonal difficulties related to the thyroid, and any other problems related to the throat, neck, and mouth
Crystal: sapphire, turquoise, lapis lazuli, quartz
Essential oils/incense: basil, chamomile, bergamot, cypress
What can I do to balance my throat chakra?
- Think about the healthy characteristics of this chakra - communicating well, being honest, and being able to speak up for yourself - and consider for each one, what would it look like to embody this characteristic? What step could I take to live this, to feel this?
- Is there somewhere in your life that you can feel gratitude for these characteristics already - even just a little bit?
- Start with being honest with yourself. We are often in denial, even within our own internal thoughts. Begin by acknowledging to yourself what you REALLY think and feel.
- Wear blue.
- Keep one of the listed crystals near your bed or workspace, or carry one around in your pocket.
- Practice some form of self-expression - writing, journalling, art, dance, or whatever form appeals to you.
- Bathe with a couple drops of one of these essential oils, or scent the air with some incense.
- If you are comfortable visualizing, imagine a warm and radiant white light coming down through the top of your head, moving downward to the area behind your eyes, continuing on to your throat, filling and brightening up this energy centre, and clearing out any blockages.
- Meditate on the picture with the intent to balance your energy centre. You may wish to place a hand gently on your throat to help you to focus.