Location: stomach area (above the navel)
Primary focus: empowerment
Healthy characteristics of a solar plexus chakra that is in balance: confidence, optimism, vitality, spontaneity
Negative/out of balance characteristics: inferiority, fear/passivity, pessimism, aggression/domination, feeling powerless & controlled by others, lack of self-control, need to hold power & control over others
Physical symptoms of imbalance: any problems with the stomach, liver, or digestion, difficulties related to the pancreas (such as insulin-related issues)
Crystal: topaz, amber, citrine, quartz, heliodor
Essential oils/incense: juniper, ginger, any of the mints, rosemary, lemon
What can I do to balance my solar plexus chakra?
- Think aboout the healthy characteristics of this chakra - confidence, optimism, vitality - and consider for each one, what would it look like to embody this characteristic? What step could I take to live this, to feel this?
- Is there somewhere in your life that you can feel gratitude for these characteristics already - even just a little bit?
- What can you do to show support for yourself, as you would do for a close friend?
- Are there any decisions you are avoiding out of fear?
- Wear yellow.
- Keep one of the listed crystals near your bed or workspace, or carry one around in your pocket.
- Bathe with a couple drops of one of these essential oils, or scent the air with some incense.
- If you are comfortable visualizing, imagine a warm and radiant white light coming down through the top of your head, moving downward to the area behind your eyes, continuing on to your throat, then to the centre of your chest, continuing its flow downward to the area behind your ribcage, filling and brightening up this energy centre, clearing out any blockages.
- Meditate on the picture with the intent to balance your energy centre. You may wish to place a hand on your rib cage to help you to focus.