Primary focus: love & relationships
Healthy characteristics of a heart chakra that is in balance: compassionate, loving, generous
Negative/out of balance characteristics: isolation, indifference, bitterness, jealousy, possessiveness, poor boundaries
Physical symptoms of imbalance: any issues to do with the heart, blood pressure, circulation, and difficulties related to the thymus or immune system
Crystal: emerald, jade, rose quartz, aventurine, malachite
Essential oils/incense: rose, sandalwood, jasmine
What can I do to balance my heart chakra?
- Think about the healthy characteristics of this chakra - love, compassion, generosity - and consider for each one, what would it look like to embody this characteristic? What step could I take to live this, to feel this?
- Is there somewhere in your life that you can feel gratitude for these characteristics already - even just a little bit?
- Wear green.
- What step can you take to improve a relationship that you are a part of?
- Are you maintaining healthy boundaries - safeguarding your own, and not infringing on others?
- Keep one of the listed crystals near your bed or workspace, or carry one around in your pocket.
- Where can you choose to forgive - either yourself or someone else? Remember forgiveness doesn't mean approval - instead can you come to an understanding that everyone makes mistakes and that it will serve you best now to accept what is and move forward?
- Bathe with a couple drops of one of these essential oils, or scent the air with some incense.
- If you are comfortable visualizing, imagine a warm and radiant white light coming down through the top of your head, moving downward to the area behind your eyes, continuing on to your throat, then moving to the centre of your chest, filling and brightening up this energy centre, clearing out any blockages.
- Meditate on the picture with the intent to balance your energy centre. You may wish to place a hand on the centre of your chest to help you to focus on this area.