Location: top of the head
Primary focus: awareness
Healthy characteristics of a crown chakra that is in balance: inspiration, wisdom
Negative/out of balance characteristics: limiting beliefs, superiority, overly dominant in either intellectualism or spirituality at the expense of the other
Possible physical symptoms of imbalance: any issues related to the brain, headaches & migraines, difficulties related to the pituitary gland (and potentially any of the other hormonal glands as the pituitary impacts them all)
Crystal: amethyst, moonstone, quartz
Essential oils/incense: lavender, jasmine, myrrh
What can I do to balance my crown chakra?
- Consider the healthy characteristics of this chakra - wisdom and inspiration - and consider for each one, what would it look like to embody this characteristic? What step could I take to live this, to feel this?
- Is there somewhere in your life that you can feel gratitude for these characteristics already - even just a little bit?
- Wear violet (or any shade of purple).
- Read stories of inspiration and wisdom.
- Consider what limiting beliefs you can release - do you hold any unresolved anger or resentment toward organized religion that could stand in the way of your spiritual connection?
- Keep one of the listed crystals near your bed or workspace, or carry one around in your pocket.
- Bathe with a couple drops of one of these essential oils, or scent the air with some incense.
- If you are comfortable visualizing, imagine a warm and radiant white light streaming in through the top of your head, filling and brightening up this energy centre, and clearing out any blockages in this area.
- Meditate on the picture with the intent to balance your energy centre. You may wish to place a hand on the top of your head to help you to focus.