I've been missing some of the goodies my mom used to make when I was a kid, so I've updated the recipe for one of my favourite cookies. Perfect for the holiday season or anytime at all!
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/2 cup coconut oil.
Add and stir until dissolved:
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 5 Tablespoons of cacao/cocoa
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (may substitute any type of milk, as preferred)
Add 3 cups oats and cook, stirring, for a few minutes.
Remove from heat and add:
- 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
Roll into balls and store in an airtight container in the fridge.